I don’t often post recipes as I am building up a library on my Nutritional Therapy website before I launch it. I do have one recipe book call Feel Fabulous which will be on sale in the next week or so and I am slowly putting together a recipe book aimed at women for womens health.
Anyway, I do love cooking and experimenting and I made these super tasty ‘fat bombs’ at the weekend. My default comfort food is carbs and sugar but they mess with my mood, energy and gut health. Once of the ‘tools’ or ‘hacks’ I use to help those pesky cravings is to eat a fat bomb. They really help 🙂
My 15 years old daughter loves these ????
These took me 20 minutes to make (you need a food processor) plus time for 1 hour chilling (you can chill while the bombs chill)
- 1.5 cups of dried shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic crunchy nut butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (depending on your preference)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
For the chocolate ‘icing’
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic butter
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1-2 teaspoon of maple syrup
You will need silicon mini muffin/fairy cake moulds or ice cube trays.
- Preheat the oven to 180∘
- Spread the coconut flakes evenly on a baking tray and lightly toast for 6-8 minutes, giving them a stir half way through. You need to watch they don’t burn 🙂
- Once toasted,remove from the oven and place in your blender/food processor and pulse until finely cut and starting to go mushy.
- Add the coconut oil and mix to blend.
- Add the cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract.
- Add the nut butter and mix it in but not too much so you keep that lovely crunch
- Pour a thin layer into each mould.
- Pop these into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes while you prepare the chocolate ‘icing’
- Mix the coconut oil, cocoa and maple syrup until blended and smooth.
- Spread thinly over the well chilled first layer and pop back in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
Once they have set hard pop them out of the moulds and store in a glass container in the fridge.
Enjoy the smooth, chocolatey, melt in your mouth deliciousness.
Let me know what you think of them