This year I am really feeling the darker evenings and it’s only November! I’ve been busy lately and not been getting out for my daily walk and it has made a difference to my mood, sleep and diet.
When i’m tired I tend to crave high sugar/carb foods for that fast energy fix only to feel awful half an hour later. I’m much more aware of how my environment effects my moods and outlook on life.
I have taken action and purchased a light box. I will still get out on my daily walks as they really do help me.
I was going to buy a Kindle with some birthday money but decided my sanity was more important just now 😉
I did quite a bit of research on light boxes and there seems to many inferior makes out there which will do s*d all to you mood.
For a list of scientifically researched lamps that have been proved to help
- Lethargy, lacking in energy, unable to carry out a normal routine
- Sleep problems, finding it hard to stay awake during the day, but having disturbed nights
- Loss of libido, not interested in physical contact
- Anxiety, inability to cope
- Social problems, irritability, not wanting to see people
- Depression, feelings of gloom and despondency for no apparent reason
- Craving for carbohydrates and sweet foods, leading to weight gain
Check out the SAD website for more info.
I will keep you all posted with how the new lamp affects my moods